Just before reading week, My group captured the footage from the Z1 camera to my hardrive. We had experienced a few complications the previous week which led us capturing the footage later then we had orginally planned. Firstly the first attempt we experienced a few compliciations with the camera and this led us to not being able to capture the footage. Secondly We had problems with emma’s hardrive because it was not compatible with the camera and as no one else had a hardrive avaible to use this meant we had to purspone until we had a hardrive handy. This led us to capturing the tape on the 11th of february.
I started by uploading all of the footage from my hardrive into final cut pro, watching each of the files and re-naming each file. I also created bins for each of the scenes, spiliting it up into location. e.g House Shots, Garden Shots, Garage Shots. I then placed each of the files in the relevant bins, I find sorting out the files in this way while editing makes it much easier to work within the program. As all of the files are sorted into folders, once re-watching through the files I began dragging each file onto the timeline and began trying to put them in order in alliance with the script.
I made a pretty decent start on the editing process for my 162mc short film “High”, I was proud of the start I made It is only a rough editing at the moment. My plan is to sort a rough edit out as soon as (preferbably in the next week ) and then work on getting it to a best, Which experimenting with effects and editing techniques we have been learning about in the 162 lectures.