– Depends on target audience : I would say that Blue Peter is aimed more at of an eight to fourteen age group. Which may be slightly older then we wanted?
* Features topics that are introduced at a level that children in this age group will understand. For example the clip I watched features the cenus and how the parents will be filling it in and basically explaining to the child what it is.
* Theres abit of a historical element to it also , encouraging the children to learn and understand more. For example is this clip, it goes into the history of madame tussaud, as it is its 250th birthday.
* A Game show helping kids to learn about safety. ( Being street safe – Crossing the road, Being safe at home)
*Animal World ( Teaching children about animals in a fun, easy way they can understand.)
What needs to be included –
- that fits their theme (A – Fantasy, B – Weird and Wonderful , C – Risky Business, D – Spontaneity)
- with 3 or 4 user generated clips (subject to copyright rules)
- with a studio based interview (no students on the course allowed)
- with a performance or demonstration item
- with evidence of audience participation